Apple Realty's Process for Renting Homes
Apple Realty manages several rental properties in the area. If you are interested in seeing one of these get in touch, and we'll up a time for you to see the property.
We do a Credit, Criminal Background, & Rental History Check
There is a $32.95 non-refundable application fee that pays for the background/credit check. This is required for each adult applicant. There is no fee required for a tenant moving from another Apple Realty property.
Income & Credit Requirements
Rent amount can not be more than 30% of your income—We recommend 25% or less. (The exact amount is explicitly stated on the listing page)
You do not have to have perfect credit to rent from us—however the credit score will be looked at, and if you are a credit risk we may need to increase the security deposit. For our Virginia properties we require a minimum credit score of 580. If you score is below 640 a security deposit equal to two months rent will be required.
If after viewing the property you'd like to put in an application — The application can be downloaded or printed from here. If you don't have a means of printing the application, we'll be happy to make other accommodations for you.
Please note that every adult staying in the home will be listed on the lease and will have to make seperate application.
Once the application(s) are filled out, drop them off at our office in Blountville. We have an after hours drop-box beside the front door. (Do not leave cash in box). Alternatively, you may fax the application to 423-968-7653 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgINCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Security Deposit & Applications Fees made payable to "Apple Realty" (No personal checks, Instant and secure funds only—There are a couple of options for cash or online payment—discuss with agent)
- Proof of Income in the form of:
- Most recent W-2 form -OR-
- Most recent 60 Days of pay stubs -OR-
- Recent bank statements showing recurring deposits -OR-
- Proof of assets such as bank or mutual funds statements -OR-
- Letter from your employer stating salary amount
- Copies of driver's license or photo ID for each adult. (You may snap a photo using your smart phone and send as a text to 423-968-7653 or e-mail to email@example.com)
How Long Does It Take?
Once we have the application, we will begin the process of calling your references, verifying your income, and ordering the background/credit checks. The whole process usually takes a few days—please allow 3 business days before checking on your application. (It may take longer, if your references are not responsive.) Someone from Apple Realty will let you know whether or not you've been approved.
Assuming everything checks out, we'll prepare the lease paperwork and get it ready for you to sign. After you have signed the lease, go ahead and get utilities turned on in your name and get a receipt.
At this point we'll need:
- 1st month's rent payment (No personal checks—instant & secure funds only) All rent is due on the first. We require a full 30 days rent at lease start. The 2nd months rent will be prorated. All rent is due on the first.
- Proof that utilities have been switched to your name — Paid receipts showing your name, property address & utility activation date (E-mail this to the office)
- Proof of Renters Insurance policy with Apple Realty named as "party of interest" OR "additional interest" OR "additional intersted party"
After we get these from you—we'll give you the keys and you're free to move in!
If your application is denied, the security deposit will be returned to you. However, security deposits are non-refundable for any other reason. If you simply back out -OR- change your mind after turning in an application, you will not get it back. Someone from Apple Realty will get in touch to discuss the return of security deposit, and discuss the details of the application.
All rent is due on or before the 1st of every month. Payments can be made through the 4th without any late fees.
- On the 5th or later add 5% late fee
- On the 10th or later add 10% late fee
Payments received by Landlord when there are arrearages, shall be credited first, to any outstanding balance, and then applied to the current amount due.