Apple Realty's Process for Renting Homes
Apple Realty manages several rental properties in the area. If you are interested in seeing one of these get in touch, and we'll up a time for you to see the property.
If after viewing the property you like to put in an application — The application can be downloaded or printed from here. If you don't have a means of printing the application, we'll be happy to make other accommodations for you.
Please note that every adult that will be staying in the home will be on the lease and will have to make application. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee to be paid for each adult applicant. There is no fee required if you're a tenant moving from another Apple Realty property.
Income & Credit Requirements
Rent amount can not be more than 30% of your income—We recommend 25% or less. We may also require pre-payment of the last months rent depending on results of background/credit check.
Turning In The Application
Once the application(s) are filled out, bring them by our office in Blountville. We have an after hours drop-box beside the front door. Alternatively, you may fax the application to 423-968-7653 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgYOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Security Deposit (No personal checks)
- Applications fees (No personal checks—instant and secure funds only—Do not leave cash in box—There are a couple of options for cash or online payment—discuss with agent)
- Proof of Income in the form of:
- Most recent W-2 form -OR-
- Most recent 60 Days of pay stubs -OR-
- Recent bank statements showing recurring deposits -OR-
- Proof of assets such as bank or mutual funds statements -OR-
- Letter from your employer stating salary amount
- Copies of driver's license or photo ID for each adult. (You may text or e-mail this to our office)
Security Deposits are non-refundable: If application is denied, security deposits will be refunded. Otherwise security deposits are non-refundable for any other reason.
How Long Does It Take?
Once we have the application, we will begin the process of calling your references, verifying your income, and ordering the background/credit checks. The whole process usually takes a few days—please allow 3 business days before checking on your application. Someone from Apple Realty will let you know whether or not you've been approved. It may take longer, if your references are not responsive.
If You Are Approved
Assuming everything checks out, we'll prepare the lease paperwork and get it ready for you to sign. After you have signed the lease, go ahead and get utilities turned on in your name and get a receipt.
At this point we'll need:
- 1st month's rent payment (No personal checks—instant and secure funds only)
- Copies of the receipts from utilities being turned on in your name. (You can text or e-mail this to the office)
After we get those two things—we'll give you the keys and you're free to move in!
If You Are Denied
In the event that we turn down an applicant. Someone from Apple Realty will get in touch to discuss the return of security deposit, and discuss the details of the application.